Sales & Marketing
Sadly, many hotels and hospitality management companies are highly reactive when it comes to the absolutely critical functional of sales and marketing. The view of many in the industry, whether expressed overtly or not, is that the primary responsibility of sales & marketing lies with the hotel brand. At Pathfinder, our philosophy is that the amount of proactive effort and activity expended by a hotel’s staff in aggressively marketing the property is directly proportional with its market share, revenue performance and ultimately with its asset value. We employ several tools/policies to maximize each property’s revenue, including:
- Whereas most in the industry hire “Front Desk Agents”, we hire “Sales and Service Agents”. We want it to be clear to our front line associates that sales is integral to their job duties.
- Sales and Service Agents are financially incentivized and rewarded for capturing sales leads and booking business!
- General Managers at each property are required to own relationships with top local corporate and leisure accounts.
- Biannual sales blitzes and Open Houses are held at each property to generate new sales leads and strengthen relationships with existing corporate and leisure accounts.
- Customized Annual Marketing Action Plans are utilized by each property to ensure that sales activity is conducted strategically.
- Attractive print and ecollateral is utilized for each hotel to increase awareness.
- General Managers and Directors of Sales are required to achieve an aggressive quota of prescheduled appointments, cold calls and site tours from local prospects.
- Mystery shop calls are conducted on a monthly basis of line level staff and Upper Management to ensure team members are exhibiting “tried and true” sales techniques.
- Industry leading software is utilized to allow dedicated salespeople to optimize their efficiency.